As the services of A+ Class evolve, we may revise this policy, so please check back periodically. At any time, if you have questions about our privacy practices please contact us at email@example.com or call us at 817-533-3423.
Information Collection and Use
We collect PII when a student registers for an online course. We ask for your contact information (name, street address, phone number, e-mail address, and bankruptcy case number) All is necessary information to allow us to create a certificate when the course is completed and send a copy of the certificate to the student. If, in the registration process, a student provides the name and phone number of an attorney, we assume the student requests that a copy of the certificate obtained at completion also be sent to this attorney. Information required to process payments for fees such as a name, address, debit or credit card number, security code, or expiration date can only be submitted via an online portal belonging to Authorize.net, our payment processor. We do neither collect nor store student payment information during the registration process. We may send flyers, announcements, letters, or other notices about new products or services offered by A+ Class to former students or attorneys.
We do not market financial education to children. Our online education class is intended for use by adults who have filed for Chapter 7 or 13 bankruptcy in a U.S. court or other adults who seek money management education. We do not request or knowingly collect personally identifiable contact information from anyone under the age of 13.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Protecting the PII of students who register for our class is an important part of our business. We share and disclose such information only as described below:
1. We do not share PII with other companies or merchants. (Again, PII required to process payments for class fees such as a name, address, debit or credit card number, security code, and expiration date can only be submitted via an online portal belonging to Authorize.net, our payment processor. We do not collect nor do we store any payment information during the registration process.)
2. We may disclose PII, I necessary to comply with legal, debtor education requests from the U.S. Trustees or Bankruptcy Administrators in North Carolina and Alabama;
5. It might be necessary to disclose PII to enforce or apply the terms and conditions of our agreement to provide online education and a Certificate of Completion;
6. If it is necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of A+ Class, the $$$A+Class or our users, or others, which may include the exchange of information with other organizations for fraud protection and/or risk reduction we might disclose PII.
7. In the event we later send flyers, announcements, letters, or other notices about new products or services offered by A+ Class it will only be to former students or attorneys. PII is not provided to any other company, group, or individual.
8. In the event that A+ Class or the $$$A+Class is acquired, customer information may be one of the transferred assets.
Information security is critical to our business. We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information. The information gathered on secure computers is stored in encrypted databases. The number of employees involved in the management of the data center that have physical access to these computers is limited. We use firewalls and other security technology, and implement the highest industry standard security practices, to prevent our computers from being accessed by unauthorized persons.
Personally identifiable consumer information provided by students registering for our class is encrypted using SSL encryption. To learn more about SSL, go to: https://www.ssl.com/faqs/faq-what-is-ssl/.
It is important for anyone who registers for an online class to protect against unauthorized access and use of the Enrollment ID, PIN, and any other sensitive account data, and the computer used in this process. Be sure to sign off and close out the program when finished, especially if using a shared computer and otherwise safeguard your Enrollment ID and PIN access to the A+ Class , $$$A+Class services.
A+ Class & $$$A+Class is PCI-DSS certified.
We suggest, if you need to change your account information such as telephone number, email address, or mailing address, to contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 817-533-3423.
Notice for Non-U.S. Citizens
A+ Class and $$$A+Class are located in the United States. Our services are intended only for U.S. citizens or residents. All monetary transactions are in U.S. dollars.
A+ Class: Incident response to security breaches.
The following persons comprise the security team members. In the event of a breach, any team member first aware of the breach will contact all other team members as soon as possible. All team members possess contact information for each other, including phone numbers, email addresses, and Skype numbers.
Eric Schaub – IT Support
Ashley Shafer - Owner
Barrie Doucet – Administrative Support
A record will be kept of the incident including:
1. Person who discovered the incident
2. Date and time the incident was discovered
3. Nature of the incident
4. Name of system and possible interconnectivity with other systems
5. Description of the information lost or compromised
6. Storage medium from which information was lost or compromised
7. Controls in place to prevent unauthorized use of the lost or compromised information
8. Number of individuals potentially affected
9. Whether law enforcement was contacted
Once the breach is acknowledged and action taken to repair it, the team members will meet to discuss the appropriate response to those whose information may have been comprised, including any or all of the following:
1. Whether breach notification to affected individuals is required
2. Timeliness of the notification
3. Source of the notification
4. Contents of the notification which might include: advice on how to obtain a free copy of their credit report or contract credit bureaus to obtain a freeze on their individual reports, placing a fraud alert on their credit report, contacting their financial institutions, or changing their email address and/or phone number.
Wish I would have known this information earlier in life.
S.G., New City, NY